Equipment is becoming lighter, webbing straps narrower. So that these don't slip out of position, carabiners have also to become slimmer. But this has the disadvantage that they don't open wide enough for easy clipping in of paraglider risers. The FORAS changes this. The 51 gram light Alu carabiner, which accepts webbing up to 25 mm wide, opens to the side! Thanks mainly to its H profile design the carabiner's breaking strain is 23 kN.
An automatic Twist-Lock closure gate guarantees best possible handling, and a batch number with manufacture date provides a simple check on lifespan. Rounded edges make sure the FORAS looks after your riser fabric and a nose shape prevents carabiner cross loading. Every single example is machine-tested before it leaves the EDELRID plant.
- Lightweight, paragliding carabiner – ideal for modern, narrow webbings
- Twist-lock closure for easy handling
- H-profile construction for high breaking strength with a minimum weight
- Rounded edges for optimum webbing support
- Side-opening gate creates large opening width of 15 mm
- Each carabiner is machine tested
- Dimensions: 81 x 48 mm
- Breaking strain: 23 kN
- Weight: 51 g
|Article weight||0.051 kg|
|Color||green, red, black|