Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Free of shipping costs 1
Ready for shipment, delivery time 1-2 days 2
Order until02.06.2020 - 13:00clock this and other products.
- Order number: A11265
XC Tracer II FLARM is a solar-variometer with integrated FLARM for paraglider and hangglider pilots. The FLARM transmits once or twice per second the position of the paragliders / hang glider as well as a forecast of its trajectory for the next twenty seconds. Thus drasticly reducing the risks of collisions with gliders, airplanes, helicopters and other aircrafts that are equiped with a FLARM device.
How does it work exaclty concerning other aircrafts ?
The other surrounding FLARM devices can draw conclusions about a possible risk of collision. Should a collision be possible, the corresponding FLARM device warns the pilot in the glider or helicopter. XC Tracer II FLARM itself does not warn about possible collisions with other aircraft. XC Tracer II FLARM does receive FLARM signals from paragliders and hang gliders, and sends the data to a cell phone, tablet or e-reader. Depending on the app you use you will then know where your buddies are currently flying. In flight tests prototypes have received signals from FLARM devices up to 29km away.
And for the obstacles ?
In addition to this you can also optionally use the obstacle collision warning system from FLARM. This feature will upgrade the FLARM system to also warn about imminent obstacle collisions. Currently available from FLARM is the widely used obstacle database for the Alps region. It includes around 44.000 obstacles in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, and France. The obstacle database engine and collision algorithms make it possible to handle complex obstacle types. This includes segmented and split power lines and cableways, including types which cross mountain tops.
Please take note that XC Tracer II FLARM is made for paraglider and hang glider pilots flying in Europe, there is no FCC certification planned.
Does he bip when it climbs ? Does it log my GPS track ?
Yes ! XCTracer II FLARM has all of the XCTracer Mini II GPS features like :
- Lag Free audio feedback (due to the use of an accelerometer combined to the classic barometer)
- Logger GPS, logs a .IGC (F.A.I valid format) and .KML track parallely.
- Lithium battery, which provides 25h autonomy (in the dark with FLARM, GPS logger and sound acitivated) and almost infinite when you provide sunlight to the solar cell !
- Bluetooth BLE 4.02 and USB connectivity with your favorite app on your iOs/Android/Kobo device ! (see list)
- Customisable audio feedback
- FLARM beacon / does transmit FLARM signals (included in sales price)
- FLARM receiver / receive FLARM signals from paragliders and hang gliders (included in sales price)
- FLARM obstacle database (optional)
- Instant indication of climb/sink rate – no time lag
- presice wind estimation
- Data transmission to cell phone/tablet/e-reader using BLE 4.2 and/or USB
- IGC and KML logger
- Many compatible Apps for Android/iOS
- Scratch resistant solar panel
- User configurable acoustics/tone setting with tone simulator
- Minimum 25-hours runtime without recharging
- Firmware update by drag-and drop
- Size 57.5 x 57.5 x 18.0 mm and 33.5 mm for the antenna
- Weight 70g
|Article weight||0.07 kg|
|Scope of Delivery|| |
|Vario Properties||Bluetooth, FLARM, G-Sensor, GPS Receiver, Mini Vario, USB Interface|